A Year of Testimonials of the Week

Every Saturday morning at the stroke of midnight, a new testimonial shows up below the puzzle. These have been posted publicly on various social media sites or been sent to lirdle182@gmail.com with permission to publish. They've been lost to the sands of time. Until now. If you've got an opinion you'd love to share with your fellow lirdle enthusiasts and sufferers, send it in to the above address, or just add a comment here, and I'll line it up.


 I look forward to increasingly paranoid dreams the longer I use this as a sleep aid.


I am loving this game more and more!!


I have gotten it in 5 guesses two days in a row, and I have rarely in my life felt quite so powerful.


You made wordle boring.


I love it and never want to see it again.


[...] this just wasn't fun, and I don't think I want to do it again. I wanted it to end, and it just kept giving me more lines!


Also, yesterday's word was "amaze"?! That's sadistic, making people guess this with both a doubled letter and a "z".
[ I needed 28 that day, even with entering "GLAZE" around line 7]


Thought I was done with wordle-like games, but this one is especially devious & challenging.


I feel like this is the Dark Souls of word-games and I so
appreciate the sincere challenge.  It's brutal and clever
and every victory feels like I really had to earn it.


This is some twisted **** ["stuff"] right here.


A cute crossover. I have tried Lirdle for three
days now. Solved in each case only on the last
attempt. Was completely lost for the first four,
then brightens with chalk lines. Infuriating
pressure, but wonderful aha moments.

[Translated from Finnish]


318 tries, nothing right. I love lirdle! [regarding game #34, payee-day]


First ever lirdle in 4 feels pretty good! [Game 55 ("ramen")]


I feel like the number of possibilities function is just there to taunt me.

[webmaster's comment: that feature fits the spirit of Lirdle because you think it's helpful when it's often anything but]


This game has consumed my life and my friend's, who I force to play so that I have someone to compare scores with. Also, it's the game that normal Wordle wishes to be once it grows out of its diapers and wears some big boy pants.


I love the puzzle aspect of this, though none of my friends have been able to comprehend it so I can't talk about it with anyone.


My Lirdle won’t load properly today and I feel bereft 😢

[referring to the mason-day breakage]


Thanks for a great challenge each day!


It's the only zen puzzle game around. You have to look at what's not there as much as what is.


Of course I got it in 2 in the break between stats… 😬


"Say it to me S.A.N.T.O.S.
It's off to work we go"

[Phish lyric. In other words, we need more testimonials.]


My boyfriend did an impression of me going to bed the other day. He got all comfy then shouted "THE LIRDLE!". It was accurate.


Shouting out to my girl Caitlyn. She got me into the lirdle.


That was definitely a setup.

[Re game #181, after narrowing it down to 8 guesses on word 2
and needing 8 more tries.
The word was "setup"]


Always read the docs.
[Re game #185 ("olive")]


I play several Wordle type games every day and, by far, Lirdle is my
favorite. For all the others I have a set approach but Lirdle defies all
attempts to tame it. Even after 6 months of daily play, each time feels
fresh and it usually kicks my butt. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!


I live my life day to day, interspersed with anxious sleepless hours waiting for the next Lirdle to release.


Love this game. Nothing like being told you have no vowels.


My friend and I trade scores every morning and laugh in the face of the algorithm (or cry into our cornflakes)


Love the game and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's (in only 23 hours and 34 minutes)


I love getting the same lie on the same letter 3 times in a row.


It told me I had a green 'O' in 6 out of the first 8 rows. The word was "eying".


[The random aspect] is some consolation although hearing my husband lord it over me on his stupid 3 (just because he got an easier set of options) when I was so proud of myself for getting it in 4 is pretty unbearable.


is this the highest average score we've seen?


i blame australians for the travesty that is 'melba'


Love this. Wordle has become boring.


"Streaks create a false form of loyalty."

[- G.S., agreeing with me that you shouldn't force
people to solve a puzzle every day.]


My boyfriend refuses to play Lirdle but I’m religious about it. Each morning, I ask him for a five letter starting word to mix up my strategy. As you can imagine, it ranges quite a bit. I’ve had quite good luck with bacon, boner and grope. Ha!


Lirdle is the best thanks for making this.


Four straight green N’s. The word was vapid. I had to call in sick to work the rest of the day. Never change lirdle.


This is really fun I’ve never heard of it before, I just got the one for today in 32 guesses…


solved it in 8 tries, not too bad for a monday
[posted on saturday, so I assume the submitter spent 5 days on it]


This is the perfectly infuriating pastime for otherwise boring bus rides.


The boys and I at the office are very excited to see how this [highlighting secondary words] changes the game, and hopefully see our number of guesses decrease. What a great surprise! Thanks!


I thought yesterday's word was rude but today's is ruder, HEYYYYYOOOOOOOO


Glad I’m a Terry Pratchett fan today (golem) - there were 14 other possibilities on my previous try


PUKKA for crying out loud?!??! Isn’t life challenging enough without referencing 1970s neckwear??


I have yelled (mostly cursed) at my phone MANY times Lirdling
and [my husband] has thrown his phone across the room at least once!


Hear me out. On April 1, reverse it so that there are 4 lies and only one truth on each line.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a secondary word?